Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Little Star book review


Little Star by Anthony Destefano
review

The book started out about a star that was lonely, no one talked to him because he was little.
Then the star sees Baby Jesus in a cold barn.
The star then shines bright so he could warm up Baby Jesus.
The star shined so bright because it loved Jesus so much.
The star kept burning brighter and brighter until it burnt out!

I really didn't like that the star died!
I don't know what age this book was meant for but it seemed inappropriate.

I thought the story was mildly cute but not buy worthy.
My son was not very interested in the story or pictures.
Now, my other thought was the story took away from Jesus' birth.

I think this book should have been told a different way.

No comments:

Post a Comment